I hope this update finds you well!
Last week, we had poetry and discussions on mental health. Over the weekend, I shared eight sets of short stories. A weekly short fiction challenge, Dawn To Twilight Trio Challenge, also went live.
- Poetry prompts. I promised an update and today I am excited to announce that the prompts are ready!
- Dawn To Twilight Trio Challenge is in its second week. Join me… Do you have or can think of a story? I will begin sharing mine this week and hope to read yours!
Ripe for Passage- Benson Langat
Published by AfroRep
This short fiction tells of a 14-year old African boy who discovers wonders about his tribe, as he undergoes a rite of passage.
“I was ripe by virtue of age, maturity, and conformity to the tribe’s traditions. I did not, however, feel “ripe” enough. I felt meek, tiny, and deficient in courage—but all that would change when I realized what more circumcision would mean to my life…”
- I will confirm on Thursday if Friday’s play will be ready.
- This week, we will have discussions on finding, knowing and loving yourself.
- Last Tuesday and Thursday, I could not share short stories; I will have at least two ready for this week!
In case you missed it…
Read the last update here:
On Tuesday, a short fiction challenge went live:
We also had a discussion on mental health and suicide. Read it here:
On Wednesday, I shared five poems for Poetry Wednesday. Read them here:
On Thursday, we had a discussion on appreciating yourself and the beauty in you (also under mental health). Read it here:
I shared a spoken word poem on Friday:
On Saturday and Sunday, we had a total of eight flash stories. Read them here:
Here are the week’s bonus poems:
That is all for today’s update! Watch out for a post detailing the poetry prompt.
Follow me for post updates 🙂
Benie is a poet and fiction writer, living in Nairobi, Kenya. He shares thought-provoking discussions, and occasionally does spoken word poetry and plays. Benie is also a freelance content and article writer. A dreamer, he realizes a world of possibilities through stories and explores life in poetry.