For the week 2/11-8/11
I hope this update finds you well!
"...go all the way.
it could mean not eating for 3 or 4 days.
it could mean freezing on a park bench.
it could mean jail,
it could mean derision,
isolation is the gift,
all the others are a test of your endurance,
of how much you really want to do it.
and you’ll do it
despite rejection and the worst odds
and it will be better than
anything else you can imagine."
©Charles Bukowski, Roll the Dice (Love is a Dog From Hell)
Last week, we had two poetic notes, featuring defilement. On Poetry Wednesday, we looked into evil and on Sunday, Alone With Death came to an end. The end of a project always leaves me with some longingness. Now, I can never meet Grace unless I go back to her story. Nevertheless, there is plenty new and interesting stuff coming up!
Beginning next week (9/11-15/11)…
- Weekly fiction prompts. I am excited to announce weekly fiction prompts, which I hope to be hosting on Mondays. If you are a lover of fiction (literary/genre), then join me! I will share more details the coming week.
- Plays. I would like to try out plays for the first time and hopefully share them on Fridays, before or after the day’s spoken word poem. More details will be in the next update.
- Flash/short fiction. I have been (and still are) making collections of flash and short fiction stories. I hope to be sharing at least one every Monday.
- In the last update, I was going to prepare a newsletter and release it end of this month; but I’m thinking of pushing it to December for proper preparation. I will confirm that the coming week.
- This week’s discussions (for Tuesday and Thursday) will be on juggling work with your personal life/interests.
- I could not make a spoken word poem in time last Friday but this week, we are going to have something.
- Now complete, I will do a final edit on Alone With Death, compile and share it on Sunday (8/11) or next Monday (9/11)
- A new short story is coming up on Saturday and will pick up on Sunday.
In case you missed it…
For the week 26/10-1/11
The first poetic note went up on Tuesday.
Poetry Wednesday had 5 posts in total.
The second poetic note went up on Thursday.
Alone With Death’s ninth and final chapter went up on Sunday.
Finaly, I shared three bonus poems:
That is all for today; see you tomorrow!
Benie is a poet and fiction writer, living in Nairobi, Kenya. He shares thought-provoking discussions, and occasionally does spoken word poetry and plays. Benie is also a freelance content and article writer. A dreamer, he realizes a world of possibilities through stories and explores life in poetry.