Today, for tomorrow
I have always walked
With my eyes forward
I had a peek at yesterday
And it had a lot to say
About my place today
And what tomorrow could be
It’s a beautiful day, and week to do poetry! Here’s what’s new:
- Poetry😍 I’m preparing a poetry collection with around or over 200 poems and hope to share it by the end of June. More details will go up in the next update; please stick around🙏
- Should time allow, I hope to share another spoken word piece on Poetry Wednesday❤ I hope it will speak to you!
- I promised you an update on my progress with Whoanoua. Sadly, last week was one of those pretty slow, and long weeks. I will, nonetheless, resume working on it tonight, then update you next Monday.
In case you missed it…
- Round 2 of narratives is on for Meet your Characters, and the first narrative featuring The Undying’s Rosewels went up on Saturday and Sunday (6.20/6.21). The first part is 265 words and the second part is 231 words. I hope you enjoy them.
- The spoken word I talked about in the updates 03 and 04 went up last Friday. A World In Pain; here is the audio:
- A short film script, SPILLS, went up on Friday as promised. Another should be ready by Friday!
- One more post went up on Benie Writes on Tuesday, Are We (Going To Be) Any Better? Unfortunately, I couldn’t manage to make a post on Thursday.
- Please click to check out last week’s Poetry Wednesday and the Update 04.
Please follow Meet your Characters to read my short narratives.
That’s all for today; thanks for joining me! Stay safe, bye.
Benie is a poet and fiction writer, living in Nairobi, Kenya. He shares thought-provoking discussions, and occasionally does spoken word poetry and plays. Benie is also a freelance content and article writer. A dreamer, he realizes a world of possibilities through stories and explores life in poetry.